6 - Level 6 CIOB Certificate - SASG and Other Public Events Qualification
The Level 6 Safety and Sports Grounds and other Public Events qualification has been designed in partnership with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority. This unique Level 6 Certificate is aimed at mid-career public officials and other professionals who are involved in regulating public safety at sports grounds and other public events.
The course is made up of online learning modules, case studies, real-life job role activities and live interactive online lectures delivered by expert guest speakers and facilitated by the course lead. It aims to develop the individual’s ability to appraise the physical structure, undertake inspections, and navigate complex safety issues to ensure compliance with legislation for a range of public entertainment venues.
The course specifically covers:
- The roles and responsibilities of stakeholders in ensuring safety in event management
- How to comply with legislation and application in relation to Safety at Sports Grounds and other public events
- How to appraise the physical structure of a premise for a range of events
- The range of complex dynamic factors that can impact the safety of events
- How to be able to make decisions on the suitability of an event
Expert guest speakers* include:
- Bob McIver: The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Tim Burgin – SGSA – Stadium Management and Future Direction
- Rodney Burrows – Etihad Stadium
- Anna Thompson – Glastonbury
- Martin Girvan – SGSA – Contingency, major incident and counter terrorism planning
- Rodney Burrows: The Take That concert - Stadium of Light
- Gordon Roy: Olympics 2012
- Stuart Hancox: Commonwealth Games 2022 (Alexander Stadium)
- Graham Bond: Principality Stadium Cardiff Rugby & the Anthony Joshua fight
- Stephen Arundell – Emergency Planning
*Speakers may be subject to change
Live interactive workshops and tutor support days will take place one day a week for 13 weeks*. Although we recommend that you attend all the live sessions we understand that may not always be possible due to work commitments. Therefore LABC will make online learning available before the live workshop days for those who are unable to attend the live sessions. The live sessions will also be recorded so that you can catch up on any sessions you missed. After your last workshop you'll have a study break before the Unit's assessment is due.
* For those who are new to safety at sports grounds and other public events - an optional 3 week introduction programme will run before the actual course starts covering:
- Summary of new guidance
- Safety at Sports Grounds Day 1 and Day 2
- Annex A Sample indicative questions relating to (P) factors
- Annex B Sample indicative questions relating to (S) factors
- Public Events Day 1: A walk through
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
*timetables / assessments may be subject to change