LABC briefing for local authorities - the Hackitt Implementation - Manchester
- Times: 13.00 - 17.00
- Location: Novotel Manchester Centre Hotel
- Booking closes on
Changing Duties, Risks and Demands on Public Service Building Control
The Government's consultation on the Hackitt implementation plan has been published and the consultation will close on 31 July 2019.
LABC will be running FREE briefing events for local authorty elected members and senior managers
Briefings will be hosted by either Lorna Stimpson, LABC Deputy Chief Executive or Martin Taylor, LABC Director of Regulatory Policy. Both are working closely with MHCLG and sit on the Joint Regulators Group working with officials, fire and rescue services and the HSE.
- Hackitt implementation plan and consultation – a summary
- The role of local authority staff and members as dutyholders
- ‘Minimum service’ no longer an option
- The combined impact on:
- Local authority risk
- Competency and accredited training
- Resourcing and resilience
- Records and evidence – auditable and secure
- Recruitment and succession planning
- Cross-boundary working and peer review
- Other issues:
- Removing choice of regulator
- Public Indemnity insurance difficulties
- Local authority conflicts of interest
Time is scheduled for questions, answers, feedback and comments on MHCLG’s consultation which will be used in LABC’s submission to the department.
Who Should Attend?
Leaders of Council; Portfolio Holders for Building Control; Chief Executives; Heads of Service; Chief Planners and Planning Committee Members; Heads of Building Control and senior surveyors
It's important that local authority senior managers and elected members understand the implications this will have on local authorities so please extend this invitation to them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8616 8120.