Essential Drainage - Birmingham
- Times: 09.30 - 16.30
- Location: Birmingham - Crowne Plaza Birmingham
- Book now
- Booking closes on
Designed for delegates looking to enhance their knowledge of the design and installation of drainage, this course covers The Building Act 1984, Part H of the Building Regulations, British Standards and Codes of Practice, different materials and systems, public and private sewerage, septic tanks and cess pools and surface water drainage.
Course content & learning outcomes
- Background and history of drainage design and installation
- Layout and terminology of wastes and drains
- Legislation and installation requirements
- Design and installation of above and below ground drainage systems
- Stack loading and thermal movement
- System ventilation
- Specialist appliances e.g. macerator WCs
- Manholes, rodding eyes and inspection chambers
- Public and private sewers
- Non-mains drainage solutions including septic tanks and cess pools
- Commissioning and testing of sanitary pipework and drains
- Rainwater system design and installation and soakaways including permeable paving solutions .
- Sewerage misconnections
- Drainage and foundations and health and safety issues
- Defects and how to avoid them
This course is aimed at all building control professionals, designers, contractors and site managers who require a more comprehensive understanding of the current practices and innovation in foul and surface water drainage.
In association with Polypipe Terrain
CPD: This course counts for 6 hours CPD.
Cost: Incredibly low price of just £75 + VAT including lunch and course materials.
Testimonials about our drainage courses
"An excellent course as an introduction to good practice."
"Very helpful and thorough course with practical examples and exercises."
"A great course, well presented and good value."
"A very informative and well-presented presentation, with a very knowledgeable presenter and interesting practical demonstrations. An excellent CPD event, thank you."
"Very informative, as a new designer / builder it opened avenues of consideration to my working practice. very good."
Who should attend
This course is suited to any building professional who needs a more comprehensive knowledge of drainage systems.
- Building control surveyors
- Chartered Architectural Technologists
- Specialist contractors
- Building consultants